DESIGN ASSISTANT INTERN
Loys.Laundry is growing and that means expanding our team. In our Amsterdam-based studio, we work in a small multidisciplinary team. That is why we are looking for a creative fashion design assistant to support the studio. As a design assistant intern you work closely with the designer, so can play a key part within our young and dynamic team.
Are you the fashion design assistant that we are looking for to strengthen our team, do you meet the job requirements and can you relate to the competences?
Send your CV, portfolio and motivation letter to email@example.com
We can't wait to meet you!
We are looking for someone who is social, energetic, can work independently and has a self-starter/entrepreneurial spirit. You will be supporting the production with various tasks involved in manufacturing of the items. Assist with quality assurance – have a keen eye for garment construction and ensure products are up to standard. Executing small sewing and cutting tasks.
Prior internship or garment construction experience related to position is preferred.
What do we expect from you?
- You are available for two days a week;
- You are communicative and socially skilled;
- You are master of tools in patternmaking, tailoring and sewing;
- You have strong interest and knowledge about the fashion industry;
- A flexible attitude;
- You are independent and assertive;
- You are structured and organized;
- You are creative and outspoken;
What can you expect from us?
A nice office space on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam;
A pleasant environment where you can learn a lot.
In short: you will fully be part of our team!
Keizersgracht 560, Amsterdam City Centre
In addition to helping with the creation of designs, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Organizing and supporting the daily activities at the atelier
- Help the designer with measuring garments, charting the measurement, and comparing to existing measurement chart.
- Assist team in creative presentations and meetings, putting looks together, matching to the models and tagging.
- Help dress models for photoshoots, making sure the right look is put together and fits models appropriately.
- Research for inspiration, concept, collections and new projects
- Translate ideas into sketches and designs
- Create patterns, samples work on construction
- Assist daily activities and creative days
- Repairments, adjusting and modifying designs
- Research and monitoring trends and developments within the creative sector
You can apply by sending a short motivation letter, CV, and a portfolio (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line 'Design assistant internship', before May 31st.